Savannah, Jekyll Island, & Beaufort, SC
October 22-28, 2017
7 Days – 6 Night
THIS TRIP INCLUDES:
- Motorcoach transportation
- 6 nights lodging including 4 consecutive nights in the Savannah area
- 10 meals: 6 breakfasts and 4 dinners
- Tour of charming Savannah
- Visit to a Historic and Famous Home
- Tour of gorgeous Beaufort, SC, “Queen of the Carolina Sea Islands”
- Visit to Parris Island
- Tour of amazing Jekyll & St. Simon’s Island – see how America’s early millionaires lived and played!
- Enjoy Dinner and Entertainment
Newman Park, 100 E. Green St., Newman, IL at 8:00 AM
then First Neighbor Bank, 900 Broadway Avenue E., Mattoon, IL at 9:00 AM
then First Neighbor Headquarters, 109 S. New York St., Toledo, IL at 9:45 AM
$737 per person.
$144 due upon signing.
Deposit includes travel insurance.
*Price per person, based on double occupancy.
Single: $999 per person
Final Payment Due: August 15, 2017
Information & Reservations:
Call First Neighbor Travel
Price includes travel insurance.
What You Will Experience
You will get a taste of old-world Southern charm on our bus tour to Savannah, Jekyll Island, and Beaufort! More than just a Savannah bus trip, this vacation package combines a full experience in Savannah with the beauty of these fascinating southern treasures. On your Savannah bus tour, you will see the breathtaking Victorian homes that make Savannah famous, and enjoy a full guided tour of the historic district. Then, on another day, island-hop to Jekyll and St. Simons islands. Jekyll Island is home to the “Millionaires Club,” where America’s most famous wealthy elite lived and played. St. Simons has the ultimate in Southern character, a vision of beauty in moss draped oaks and charming boutiques in a historic setting. And finally, you and our group will visit this historic city of Beaufort and see Parris Island marine base.
- DAY 1
- Depart in a spacious, video and restroom equipped Motorcoach and set off for beautiful Savannah, GA. This evening you will stay at an en route hotel.
- DAY 2
- Enjoy a Continental Breakfast. Today you will continue your journey, then enjoy a leisurely Dinner and check into a Savannah area hotel for a four night stay.
- DAY 3
- After a Continental Breakfast you will start your journey with a Guided Tour of genteel, beautiful and historic Savannah, the “Belle of Georgia.” You’ll see architectural marvels, beautiful oak-lined streets and lovely “town squares.” Enjoy free time on historic River Street, featuring unique 18th century “ballast stone” streets and 19th century cotton warehouses that are now home to fine eateries, unusual shops and antique galleries. Later, enjoy a tour of one of Savannah’s historic and famous homes. Tonight, you’ll enjoy Dinner and Entertainment before returning to your hotel for the evening.
- DAY 4
- Enjoy a Continental Breakfast before departing for fascinating and history-rich Jekyll Island. See how the nation’s wealthiest citizens like J.P. Morgan and William Rockefeller lived and played – including a stop at what was once the exclusive “Millionaires Club.” Later, you’ll take a Guided Tour of St. Simons Island where you can take a stroll among moss-draped oaks or shop at the interesting boutiques and specialty shops in the historic area. After Dinner, you’ll return to your hotel to rest for the next fun-filled day.
- DAY 5
- Today, after a Continental Breakfast, enjoy a guided tour of magnificent Beaufort, SC – “Queen of the Carolina Sea Islands”. Beaufort’s history dates as far back as the 1500’s. Its striking mansions and scenery served as the backdrop for several major motion pictures including “The Big Chill” and “Forrest Gump”. You’ll also tour the Parris Island Marine base, where 22,000 men and women complete their training each year. Highlights of your tour include the Iwo Jima Monument, Parade Field and the Parris Island Museum. Tonight, enjoy a nice Dinner before returning to your hotel for the evening.
- DAY 6
- Enjoy a Continental Breakfast at your hotel before leaving for the Cannonball House Antebellum Home and Museum in Macon, GA. This evening, relax at your en route hotel.
- DAY 7
Today, after enjoying a Continental Breakfast, you will depart for home… a perfect time to chat with your friends about all the fun things you’ve done, the great sights you’ve seen, and where your next group trip will take you!